A National client is looking for a Data Architect for their Newport Head Office.
- Competitive salary of up to £40,500
- Generous holiday allowance - 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years service in addition to 9 public holidays
- Good work-life balance - family-friendly working options including flexible working arrangements Monday to Friday between 7am and 7pm
- On site creche
- Pre-school childcare vouchers and playschemes during Easter and summer at a lower rate
- Career development and progression - a recognised silver-accredited Investor in People, they develop people at every stage of their career, providing a personal progression plan, on- and off-site training courses and opportunities to gain qualifications and professional accreditations
- On site canteen and coffee shop
You will need to demonstrate the following set of skills:
- Data Standards and Strategy - Develops data standards for specific component while having the overall DA strategy in mind, as set by the CDA and the HoCDA. Analyses where data standards have been applied or breached and undertakes an impact analysis of that breach.
- Metadata Management - Understands a variety of metadata management tools. Designs and helps maintaining the appropriate metadata repositories to enable the organisation to understand their data assets.
- Data modelling - Understands the concepts and principles of data modelling and is able to produce, maintain and update relevant data models for specific business needs. Reverse engineers data models from a live system.
- Data Analysis & Synthesis - Undertakes data profiling and source system analysis and can present clear insights to colleagues to support the end use of the data.
- Problem resolution - Responds to problems in databases, data processes, data products and services as they occur. Initiates actions, monitors services and identifies trends to resolve problems. Determines the appropriate remedy and assists with implementation of these as well as preventative measures.
- Data Governance - Understands what data governance is required. Capable of taking responsibility for the assurance of data solutions and making recommendations to ensure compliance.
- Strategic Thinking - Aware of the strategic context of their work and why it is important. Supports strategic planning in an administrative capacity.
They'll assess you against these competencies during the selection process:
- Collaborating and partnering
- Managing a quality service
- Making effective decisions
- Delivering at pace
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV online. You will be required to have a DBS check if successful for the role. if you require further information, please call the Cardiff Randstad branch between 8.30am and 5.30pm
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Why not listen to some of the inspiring stories from our candidates and their one piece of career advice. It's just a few of the thousands of people who have found success in their working lives with Randstad. Visit to find out what you could become.
- Data Analysis
- Data Architect
- I.T. Architect
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job