An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Data Analyst to join the rapidly expanding team at Experian pH. Experian is the market leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to clients around the world. The Group helps businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. Experian also helps individuals to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft.
Experian pH is a data-driven B2B marketing, risk, compliance and analytics consultancy which is part of the wider Experian PLC group. We work with many FTSE 250 companies transforming how they approach problems using processes and models which have been developed and refined over 25 years.
You will be joining a business that encourages growth and progression in a flexible working environment where the opportunity to get involved with exciting new projects as well as working on daily BAU is a standard. Experian pH offers you support to grow your skills and knowledge through a mentoring scheme. Alongside great career development, we also offer a competitive remuneration package, great benefits and security of a global corporate organisation.
As a Data Analyst, you will be providing analysis developing data-driven services and solutions that can be sold to (typically) FTSE 250 clients across Banking and Financial Services, Insurance, Energy and Telecommunications. You will have the opportunity to learn and deploy statistical and programming techniques widely used by Data Scientists. You will also be working directly with senior members of the organisation on a structured career path, which will start with data analysis, database/SQL/Oracle development, eventually leading to autonomous management of your own projects and ownership of individual propositions.
- Data manipulation using Oracle
- Simple and complex coding to extract data from existing files and join with new datasets to build files to underpin the analysis required
- Checking of own and others work for selections and data errors
- Data Analysis - the nature of this analysis will range from project to project, but could include linear regression modelling, non-linear modelling (e.g. random forests), text-mining, including of information from the web
- Documenting analysis undertaken and findings derived from this
- Creating engaging presentations to share the work, internally and with external clients
- Developing training material to enable colleagues outside the Innovation Team to use some of the techniques developed within the team
- Engagement with client teams and in some cases, directly with clients to understand their needs, concerns and incorporate this understanding into the propositions that we build
- A strong degree preferred in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Statistics or Science based with a solid Mathematics A-Level
- Knowledge of Visual FoxPro
- Basic knowledge of SQL, Oracle
- Analytical thinking with numerical and data problem solving skills
- General Database skills; understanding of data, data structures and their value regarding use for analysis
- Communication skills to engage externally with clients
Here at Experian, we believe that great work deserves great rewards. In return for your ideas, commitment and ambition, we'll give you a very competitive base salary and a range of benefits as soon as you join.
On top of your base salary, we offer:
- Performance related bonus scheme
- 25 days' annual leave (plus the ability to purchase 5 additional days)
- Generous contributory pension
- Opportunity to buy shares with the company share-save scheme
- Life assurance
- Medical and Dental cover
- Retail discount schemes
- 3 Community involvement days per annum
We also work with our colleagues to understand their long term career aspirations to ensure they have the career development and growth they need to achieve these goals. Through personalised career objectives and performance plans, we open up conversations on progression whether this is achieved through mentoring and coaching or classroom learning environments, we offer rewarding ways in which to learn.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job