Customer Solutions Engineer - Perm role in London - £64k
Customer Solutions Engineer
Our company is the technology and service leader that powers the financial markets globally. We meet the Communication, Compliance and Network Solution needs of global financial institutions. We help clients anticipate and solve problems, setting the standard with industry expertise, exceptional services and comprehensive technology.
As the industry leader our global financial community includes over 6,000 market participants in 700 cities across six continents. Through service excellence, long-developed expertise and a focus on innovation and community, we provide agile and efficient ways for our customers to accelerate their ability to adapt to the ever-changing requirements for advanced data networks, compliance and collaboration with all counter-parties across the financial markets.
Position Summary and Mission:
As the rate of adoption and our range of solutions expands we are seeking a Customer Solutions Engineer to work in a Client facing technical pre-sales support role, based in London and aimed at providing solutions expertise across EMEA, both directly and indirectly.
The role includes:
- Direct Client activities - delivering presentations, demonstrations, design workshops, responding to RFPs and preparing solutions proposals and bids as well as an on-going life cycle account support.
- External 3rd party interaction - working within the eco system in co-operation with 3rd party consultancies and other vendors and service providers.
- Bid support - RFI, RFP, ITT response preparation and complex solution proposals
- Indirect support to distribution and regional offices to ensure that product and corporate messaging is accurate and on point.
- Working with product management, marketing and other internal company functions to ensure a quality life cycle support to existing Clients and a constructive input and competitive market feedback aimed at new product and service specification and campaigns.
The successful candidate is likely to be currently working in a pre-sales or system engineering role within a systems integrator, services provider, telecoms or software house and will have a blend of technical expertise, commercial acumen, organization, enthusiasm and excellent communications skills. The primary office location will be in London but some foreign travel may be required. We are looking for a candidate with proven track record of presentation skills and customer facing experience, one that will gain the respect of both global clients and colleague and can work under pressure.
Knowledge of one or more of the following technology areas is important for the successful candidate:
- IP, UC infrastructure, VOIP, SIP
- Cloud Technologies
- Security - including aspects of network security, encryption, authentication, SBC, firewalls
- Windows / Linux, Active Directory, Skype For Business, CUCM and other environments
- LAN and WAN Network Design
- Voice Recording and archiving
- Application Integration concepts (SOAP, REST, XML) and the value it brings to workflow optimization
- VM Ware and other virtual desktop environments
Other important attributes:
- Credible, structured and methodical approach
- Ability to keep up to date with business and market technologies, and understand their impact to a client organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work in a fast paced sales environment
- Ability to deliver clear product presentations and demonstrations to all levels of a client organization
- Ability to think clearly, creatively and quickly in demanding situations
- Friendly and out-going, able to work in teams
- Driven to high quality and excellence
- Extremely Client-oriented
- Languages: English obligatory, other European languages may be beneficial
Accountabilities with Expected Results:
- To discover, understand and define customer requirements
- To position the benefits of our solution in the context of the target environment
- To respond to a broad range of technical solutions questions
- To design customised solutions that may range from optimisation of standard product configurations to complex design projects involving integration of 3rd party products.
- To prepare, host and deliver tailored Customer presentations and demonstrations
o Products, solutions and services - benefits, feature, technical details and designs
o Technology direction and roadmap
o Integration and Compliance solutions
- To generate responses to RFP questions as part of a bid team that are:
o Technically accurate, credible and in context
o Well written, concise and easily understood, with clear, professional graphics
o Geared to promote the company’s strengths
o Delivered to agreed schedules.
- To provide a conduit between Clients and Product Management for product enhancements and other requirements
To provide Product and Solution education for internal groups, including Sales teams, new hires, Finance, Executive Managem
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job