Customer Service Assistant
Ontrak Recruitment & Training are actively seeking committed and outgoing customer service assistants to support our client across different locations. This is for 4 days off work from Thursday 28th November - Sunday 1st December 2019.
What does a Customer Service Assistant do?
- Provide outstanding customer service to all rail passengers.
- Managing difficult situations
- Comply with all safety requirements as defined, ensuring your own personal safety and that of others at all times
- Being vigilant and visible to all customers and other members of staff
- Helping passengers with luggage and buggies (once the parent/carer has taken the child out of the buggy first)
- Assisting customers with the usage of lifts
- Communicate effectively with other staff and passengers in the interests of safety and customer service using information systems as supplied
- Complying with station security including the HOT protocol
- Report irregularities, equipment failures or any incident affecting, or which may affect, the safety of the line or service to the customer
- Provide outstanding customer service: travel information, passenger assistance for purchasing tickets and updating information as and when required
- Making announcements on the hand held radio (if required)
- Carry out emergency procedures as locally specified on your induction
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, rules and regulations set out by the TOC (Train Operating Company)
- Ensure you keep up to date with all rules, notices and retail circulars and publications that may affect your working environment or product knowledge
- Ensuring the station is always well presented
- Cleaning duties may include the following: Emptying of the bins, litter picking, maintaining rest room facilities and changing display boards. You may also be required to carry out winter precautions (such as shovelling and laying out grit)
- Supporting with the implementation of crowd control plans as directed by the Station Manager
- Adhering to HIDDEN 18 working regulations
- Dealing with assisted travel
- Working alone
Are you the right candidate for the job?
- Are you over the age of 18 ?
- Do you have previous customer service experience?
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Do you have the flexibility to work different shift times ?
- You must be available to start immediately as these are temporary positions.
Please note you must be able to get to your location of work for a 05:00 start, the latest finish is 00:00. Please note shifts can be either 8 or 12 hours.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'