Our customers rely on our stores for everything from a pint of milk to tonight’s evening meal. The role of the store team is to make sure our customers receive a friendly and efficient service at all times.
We’re currently recruiting Customer Service Assistants to join our team. In this role no two days are the same, you could be advising a regular customer with their local shop, to helping a colleague display newly delivered stock, before jumping on to the till to make sure our customers don’t have to queue for too long.
- Delivering the best service locally when operating a till
- Merchandising stock onto the shelves to deliver the best availability locally
- Rotating stock to ensure legal compliance, making the store a safe place to shop
- Talking to our customers answering any questions or enquiries positively and enthusiastically
- Actioning PI counts to deliver the best availability in store for our customers
- Processing deliveries to ensure maximum product availability
- General cleaning of the store to deliver a clean and safe environment for our customers to shop in
- Ensure all activities undertaken are in compliance with policy and procedures
- Ensuring a member of the Store Management team aware of any complaints or issues raised by Customers
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping within the Store ensuring that all working areas are kept clean and tidy for both customers and colleagues
- Ensure that any equipment which is not in correct working order is reported to a member of the Store Management team
- Participate in Store community activities as required
Key Experience, Knowledge and Skills;
- Previous experience in retail would be an advantage, however not essential as full training is given
- Courteous and helpful
- Good communication skills and the desire to give our customers an enjoyable shopping experience
- Able to comply with defined process and procedures
- Genuine enthusiasm for customer service
- Flexibility and positive attitude
This is a rewarding role where you’ll get the chance to make a difference in a local community. With excellent benefits, a competitive hourly rate and the chance to develop, a customer service position with Southern Co-op could be your first step to a long term career within the retail industry.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"