Wafer Technology is a division of IQE. IQE has been at the forefront of the compound semiconductor industry for more than twenty-five years. We have grown from a single manufacturing operation into a world class platform with a global footprint spanning Europe, Asia and the USA and the Company boasts a prestigious, global customer base. IQE’s market leadership and competitive advantages enable the group to provide a unique service that is second to none.
As the world leader in the supply of custom epiwafers and substrates to the compound semiconductor industry, we are committed to providing the best service in the industry, and rely on expertise and teamwork to achieve this. Join our team!
Crystal Growth Technician
Wafer Technology Ltd. - Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
The role involves the growth of single crystal boules as part of the production activity at Wafer Technology Ltd., which will involve shift work on a 24-5 rotating shift pattern.
- Set and adjust computerised or mechanical controls to regulate power level, temperature, vacuum, and rotation speed of furnace, according to crystal growing specifications;
- Observe and monitor material meltdown and crystal growth, and readjust equipment controls as necessary;
- Load equipment with materials to grow crystals of semiconductor material;
- Inspect equipment for leaks, diagnose equipment malfunctions and request repairs;
- Analyse processing procedures and equipment functions to identify and resolve semiconductor crystal growth problems;
- Replace furnace liners and pressure chamber accessories;
- Maintain product quality by processing materials according to instructions;
- Assist in the delivery of CI initiatives;
- Undergo cross training on other processes as and when required;
- Maintain the production data and complete all required paperwork;
- Prepare seed crystals in readiness for the growth process;
- Prepare and start up a process for single crystal growth;
- Monitor and maintain the processes in the growth department;
- Complete/shutdown the processes in the growth department;
- Maintain the operational standard in accordance with the defined schedule;
- Separate & dispose of by-products and waste as appropriate;
- Prepare work areas for maintenance.
Your Qualifications / Experience:
- Good standard of general education;
- Experience of handling chemicals, awareness of COSHH regulations and the adherence to procedures and risk assessments;
- Familiarity with process control and Statistical Process Control techniques would be an advantage.
- Interpersonal - ability to work closely and communicate with all levels of staff;
- Attention to Detail - to maintain cleanliness to prevent contamination and follow process specifications precisely;
- Flexibility - the job will entail routine production work that will require regular shift working over a 24-5 shift pattern, and may involve working different/additional shifts at short notice.
- Customer service;
- Results focussed;
- Analytical thinking and problem solving;
- Judgement and decision making;
- Teamwork and collaboration;
In addition, we offer you:
- Contributory Pension Plan;
- 28 days leave (incl. Bank Holidays) rising to 33 days after qualifying service;
- Membership of medical 'cash plan’;
- Private Healthcare;
- Bonus Scheme;
- Death in Service Benefit of three times annual salary;
- Sickness insurance after qualifying period;
- Stock/share options.
Salary - £22,600 including shift allowance
Hours of Work - Rotating shift pattern: 07:00 - 15:00, 15:00 - 23:00 and 23:00 - 07:00
Closing Date - Thursday 1st March 2018
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job