Credit Hire Specialist - £17,500 - £22,500
Eden Point, Cheadle Hulme
The Credit Hire Specialist is responsible for dealing with all aspects of third party claims handling and specializing in Credit Hire and to prevent litigation in cases relating to motor claims. Working closely with third parties, external organisations and agencies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer all incoming call enquiries in an efficient, expedient and customer focused way, ensuring that the customer receives a professional service at all times.
- Effectively influence the third party to settle the claim in the most efficient way.
- Be pro-active in using the telephone to move the claim forward to reach the best possible settlement
- Handle third party and credit hire claims up to £10,000 accurately and efficiently.
- Assess, investigate and negotiate complex and more contentious credit hire claims including non-GTA cases.
- Ensure the claim details are fully validated for potential fraud/Large Loss indicators.
- Use and relate specific handling strategies to appropriate hire providers in order to control third party costs.
- Assist in developing strategies for specific CHO’s i.e. know your opponent.
- Convert third parties to use our network of repairers (or to settle in the most efficient way) to support reduction in repair and credit hire costs.
- Ensure third party claims are checked for possible credit hire and personal injury expediently and efficiently.
- Devise handling strategies and challenge appropriate cases in order to keep third party hire costs to a minimum.
- Diarise and chase the claim to ensure settlement is reached expediently.
- Maintain a pro-active approach to contain and minimise hire costs and avoid penalties and litigation.
- Apply a detailed an analytical approach to ensure that credit hire claims are valid and correctly presented using all valid mitigation arguments when negotiating settlement.
- Investigate and manage claims identified as potentially fraudulent within personal authority limits.
Financial authorities - Claims handling authorities
- Third party property damage £5,000. Credit Hire £5,000, storage and recovery £500, Claims management expenses; Maximum claims authority £5,000
- Good level of interpersonal skills - the ability to build successful, mutually beneficial business relationships.
- Good Negotiation and influencing skills in particular objection resolution.
- Communication skills - able to communicate to people with various levels of knowledge face to face, over the telephone and in writing.
- Good planning, organising and time management skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job