Reporting to the Credit Control manager, the role is responsible for playing a vital role in the company’s mission to achieve outstanding levels of service and will be instrumental in achieving the department’s annual business objectives through the timely collection of the companies European Receivables and accurate allocation of collected amounts to invoices.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities
• Recording receipts in cash books and posting cash daily on system against sales invoices (GBP/USD/EUR).
• Setting, controlling and monitoring credit limits (via Dun & Bradstreet).
• Releasing orders/shipments on the basis of available credit and payment commitments (liaising with CM and Finance Manager where appropriate).
• Immediately investigating any cash that cannot be allocated to invoices on the Customer account and ensuring that this is resolved and posted within 1 week.
• Printing and reconciling of monthly customer statements and ensuring that all Distributor Accounts receive statements by email with requests for payment and regular follow-up communication.
• Responsible for ensuring up to date Customer correct diary/invoice notes in relation to collections on a live basis.
• Responsible for issuing appropriate chase-up letters.
• Bi-weekly reporting of collections against monthly targets.
• Assisting the Finance team in the maintenance of the Excel Cashbooks (receipts only) on daily basis.
• Proactive resolution of all invoice queries via the Account Coordinators.
• Maintenance of all credit control systems.
• Experience of working within an office environment and using IT and accounting systems.
• Excellent attention to minor details and ability to multitask, a must.
• Must exhibit exceptional verbal and written communication skills along with a strong work ethic.
• Must have exceptional organizational and time management skills and maintain a professional demeanour.
• Needs to maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm while working in a team atmosphere.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Educated to minimum 5 GSCE (equivalent), with a preference to accounting
• Excellent computer skills, including a high level of proficiency with MS Office
• Local candidates preferred.
• In the event of your being successful and subsequently being offered a position , you will need to provide relevant documentation to indicate your eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job