Salary: Competitive – Depending on Experience
About the company:
Our client is a well-established family run business and the UK’s largest independent steel stockholder, with their own distribution fleet and sites across the UK. With 43 companies within the group, based across 25 locations, their extensive steel processing facilities are world-class and their expertise and advanced specialist skills have ensured the outstanding success of a diverse range of high-profile projects around the globe.
The Credit Controller is responsible for their own sales ledgers working out of the Northampton office. Processing credit limit appeals will be a key factor as the role develops analysis of company accounts payment profiles and external credit agency data will be used during training to obtain the necessary skills to underwrite internal credit insured limits.
Duties of the Credit Controller:
- Chasing debt by telephone and email and reducing debtor days.
- Processing and generating reminder letters and monthly statements.
- Liaising with the sales and accounts receivable teams to resolve outstanding queries.
- Ensuring that all major accounts work to agreed order to cash cycle.
- Daily and month end reporting and account reconciliations to credit insurers
- Investigating and resolving queries relating to non-payment of invoices.
- Working to strict monthly and annually collections targets.
- Processing credit limit appeals from credit controllers (after necessary training)
- Working to strict guidelines in authorising the level of the Insured credit limit (after training)
- Visiting customers to discuss credit facilities and credit limit requirements
- Attend Management meetings
- Attend Trade Credit Insurance reviews as and when required
- Monthly management reports should be collated for the “SGCC’s” ledgers.
- Credit availability and exposure reports to assist the sales departments
- Will assess on a monthly basis the Insured risk by reviewing all customers falling into this category.
- Liaise with credit controllers at head office to maintain visibility of accounts / management information of customers
- Conduct Customer visits should the need arise in order to conduct a credit limit review.
Requirements of the Credit Controller:
- Will ideally have an understanding of company accounts
- Must have experience liaising with site credit controllers to maintain visibility of accounts / management information of customers
- Ideally be studying for an ICM qualification which is an advantage but this is by no means essential
- Will have previous experience of working in a finance department with exposure to credit control
- Will have good Excel skills, a polite but tenacious telephone manner and good systems knowledge
- Work to ensure 100% compliance with Group policies and with all relevant legislation.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Credit Controller role is right for you then please apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job