The Finance department work closely with all areas of the business internal and external to ensure that all financial procedures and policies are adhered to and that Company delivers the highest quality service to its customers.
Main Objectives of Role:
- To ensure that company complies with the group company policies on risk management and aged debt reporting, including all branch offices
- Completing Commercial requests in line with directives
- Maintaining upkeep of credit ledger for specified territories
- Telephone chasing and credit control following the company credit policy for debt collection
- Ensuring that 90-day debts are kept below target and using debt recovery resource where necessary
Credit Risk, Research and Reporting
- Monthly reporting on credit exposure and aged debts, including KPI reporting
- Customer qualification and portal questionnaires, Insurance requests, Trade references
- Basic contract terms & conditions checks, including confidentiality agreements and code of conduct agreements
- Over 5k order sign off, Letter of credit presentations
- Opening new credit accounts within defined processes and group company policies, Sales ledger account updates
- Raising credit notes and manual invoices
- Unallocated cash management, account reconciliations
- Sales Ledger refund requests, proforma account management
- Key Account Credit Control & Relationship Building
- Pre-Litigation and UK Litigation process, including Liquidation returns
- Card payments, issuing overdue/stop letters
- Conducting statement runs
- Issuing Final notices within defined processes. Passing court action files to commercial manager
- Work within deadlines and to targets
- Performing any other duties or projects as requested by the Commercial Manager or Finance Director
- Experience in risk analysis using credit agency, trade references and performance history
- Previous experience in a credit role, Commercial or (SME)
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Aptitude for numbers and financial Acumen
- Experience of computerised sales ledger processing systems
- Experience of excel and Microsoft applications
- This role requires the candidate to show attention to detail, reliable high-quality work, organisational ability and excellent communication skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Demonstrate excellent customer service within a credit environment
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
- Credit Control
- Financial Procedures
- Risk Management
- Sales Ledger
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'