Castleford, Pontefract, Wakefield
£60 - £70 per day
Do you want to gain experience before qualifying as a Teacher?
Cover Supervisors cover short term periods of absence by the class Teacher. They play a vital role in schools and the role should not be taken lightly, but this can be a rewarding job and valuable experience in the classroom for those with teaching ambitions. The Cover Supervisor's main job is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set. This requires no active teaching, marking, planning etc.
Typical work includes:
- Oversee the completion of work that has been set
- Provide students with a positive learning environment to aid student progress
- Managing students behaviour in accordance with school policy
- Report performance, behaviour and achievement at the end of the lesson
Cover Supervisors are expected to set a positive example, and always be professional. By maintaining a high standard of performance and professionalism you will increase the prospect of obtaining more work on a regular basis.
A 'Good' Cover Supervisor will possess the following:
- Excellent behaviour and classroom management skills
- Be able to deliver lessons to a high standard
- Be patient, calm and work well under pressure
- Be creative, flexible and approachable
- Be organised and able to follow direction
- Be resourceful and able to think on their feet
- Be punctual when arriving at school and for individual lessons.
- Can communicate confidently and effectively with students and other staff
To apply to join The Education Network's cover team please call us on or email your CV to
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to APSCo Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"