Teaching Personnel work on behalf of a number of schools in the Greenwich area, the schools work with us on a day to day basis and for more permanent roles. To help introduce a graduate into schools we arrange for the successful candidates doing cover work for absent teachers to gain that all important classroom experience.
This is a great opportunity for any graduate to gain the classroom experience needed to go on to study further for a formal teaching qualification.
Minimum Criteria to apply
-GCSE Maths and English A-C grades
Other Desirable Qualifications and Awards in childcare or youth work, e.g.
- Foundation Degrees in Education
- Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Support Work in Schools
- Special Educational Needs experience or knowledge
- Sport Coach Qualifications
- Team Teach or other behaviour management training
- Working in school or education settings
- Experience of working with Special Educational Needs - Autism, Moderate Learning Difficulties
- Previous volunteering within education or working with children - e.g. youth work
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
- Cover Supervisor