What is a Cover Supervisor? The job title of 'Cover Supervisor' is very new in UK schools and it has come about as a result of the governments 'Remodelling of the School Workforce' agenda.
Hays Education are looking to recruit a pool of cover supervisor, in particular in Chester.
Working as a cover supervisor can be extremely rewarding but also very demanding. There is a high level of responsibility and although there is always a teacher close at hand if needed, there is a large amount of autonomy. Thus it is easy to see how the role of cover supervisor and teaching assistant can become interchangeable.
The working day for a cover supervisor is usually during the schools hours and often, term time only. On a daily basis, cover supervision is more than likely to include:
- Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
- Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment - Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school's policies and procedures
- Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- Reporting back as appropriate using the schools agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
However, schools may wish to employ staff for cover supervision but on occasions where they are not needed for cover, they might also be released to provide additional support to teachers in classrooms or to carry out administrative tasks for example.
Register with Hays today and benefit from:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Prompt weekly payments, on time every time
- A personalised programme of continues professional development
- Support and guidance from our experienced education consultants
- Social events
- Access to teaching opportunities in all key stages and subject specialism's
- Flexible assignments
- Support during challenging times
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job