There are 3 key objectives for this role:
1. To support the operational processes related to scheduling tutors & rooms.
2. To undertake reporting for the business and provide clear and accurate data identifying trends and potential issues.
3. To provide first line internal customer services support to all stakeholders related to our course scheduling & resourcing.
• Manage the resourcing and timetabling of courses in conjunction with the central scheduling team
• Manage the day to day Faculty and Room schedules to ensure they are kept up to date and reflect all necessary changes and key information.
• Accurate recording of Holidays, WAH and TOIL on the QV
• Assist with the forward planning and resource allocation for timetables
• Provide room utilisation stats on a regular basis
• Carry out capacity management, allocating rooms and support to achieve the most efficient use of the teaching space
• Provide an Ad-Hoc room booking service
• Work closely with the relevant departments to ensure the effective delivery of programmes and resources
• Ensure that the courses are set up in a timely and accurate manner
• Ensure all course date changes are processed accurately and stakeholders are informed.
• Identify appropriate replacement tutors (working with faculty management where needed) in cases of sickness, unforeseen absence, or where a Faculty staff member has been requested to perform other urgent duties. Where necessary, to contact alternative faculty members to ask them to provide cover.
• To operate the out-of-hours emergency line ("QV phone") on a rota basis to enable tutors to alert absence/lateness in time for alternative arrangements to be made.
• To deal with queries, issues and other ad-hoc duties relating to the scheduling, resourcing & delivery of courses.
• Any other reasonable duties as requested by team manager.
Knowledge of our wide product range is an advantage. However the key requirements are to have the drive, motivation and desire to see BPP’s tutors and students better supported and more successful.
To a certain extent this role does require someone who can work in both structured and unstructured "regimes" as the role will change as developments are rolled out.
You should be/demonstrate:
• Well organised and self-disciplined with the ability to prioritise under pressure
• Able to build good working relationships across all levels
• Able to work in a team and independently
• Able to work under pressure, sometimes to short deadlines
• Self-motivated with strong problem solving skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Advanced Excel skills an advantage.
• Please note that this role will involve some evening/weekend working as required
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job