Couple’s role - General Assistants for Boutique Hotel in Bristol
We are looking for a couple to work as guest house assistants for our boutique accommodation of 11 bedrooms and to live in our luxury staff apartment in Clifton, Bristol, to work on a full time basis of an average of 40 hours per week each, with a combined salary of £30,000 (+ tips).
Each of our bedrooms are decorated and finished to a high standard and we are currently ranked as number one in Bristol on Trip Advisor. We are looking for a couple who will slot into our team and who is looking to work for an independent a boutique business and who will enjoy the apartment and surrounding area of Clifton. The staff accommodation consists of a large kitchen/diner and open plan living space with private balcony overlooking the whole of Bristol, a large double bedroom which opens out on to a private terrace/garden and ensuite bathroom.
As General Guest House Assistants your roles will include:
- Breakfast waitress/waiter
- Housekeeping to include an average of 3 rooms per day to be cleaned to an exceptionally high standard
- General maintenance
- Ordering stock, stock counts
- Night porter duties/evenings on call for out of hours emergency
- General reception to include answering calls, taking bookings, answering emails
- Checking in and checking out guests
- Serving drinks and cream teas to guests in our communal areas
- Providing drinks and taking care of business groups in meeting space
- Answering all guest queries
Benefits and key aspects of the role:
- Average of 38 hours per week (maximum of 45 hours per week)
- Average of 5 days a week on a flexible rota
- Luxury, self-contained, all expenses paid, private apartment.
- Working day starts from earliest of 7am finishing latest of 11pm but never on the same day
- Working hours after 9pm when on night porter duties taking the out of hours emergency phone until the morning to the apartment 3-4 nights per week.
- Tips divided equally and paid at the end of each month on top of salary
- Meals on duty (if breakfast shift worked)
- Responsible for 3 rooms per day on average + additional duties dependent on company needs
- Chatty and friendly team members, small friendly, happy team
- Experience preferred.
Start date - ASAP