My client provide legal costs services both internally and to a range of external clients. They provide a full range of services to both Defendant and Claimant Clients including Costs Management and Detailed Assessment.
The successful candidate will join my client’s costs team who are specialists in legal costs work. The Candidate will be required to support the team and its clients in preparing Bills of Costs, Costs Budgets, Points of Dispute, Replies to Points of Dispute, Precedent R’s, Applications, Brief to Counsel as well as analyse and negotiate in the settlement of costs cases. The opportunity to undertake Advocacy at Assessment Hearings and Costs Management Conferences will be available to the successful candidate.
Skills and Experience
- Dealing with Claimant and Defendant costs files;
- The preparation of Bills of Costs using Costsmaster or other drafting tools;
- Opposing Claimant Bills of Costs to include drafting Points of Dispute;
- Drafting Costs Budgets;
- Negotiating with opponents in relation to costs and Budgets;
- The provision of excellent Client Care;
- A good knowledge of the law of costs to include case law and the CPR;
- The use of Excel and the manipulation and analysis of numerical data;
- Legal research and case building;
- High level of professionalism and integrity.
- Is well organised and capable of working to deadlines
- Working in a lively and fast-moving team.
What my client offer :
- Competitive salary depending on your experience and skills.
- 25 days annual holiday.
- Excellent benefits package available from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme.