The Estates Development, Sustainability and Facilities Operations Team is responsible for all activities associated with the repair, maintenance and development of our client’s estate and built assets, together with responsibility for energy management, sustainability, cleaning and multi-skilled support services
across the organisation.
Our client’s organisation is one of the best performers in their sector and is one of only a few of their type worldwide to hold both ISO140001 and 50001 accreditations. In 2015 they were awarded Silver in the Business in the Community and have recently been shortlisted as finalists for two Green Gown Awards in the Continuous Improvement and Learning and Skills categories
Our client’s organisation is continuing to expand and grow its influence. A decade of investment has delivered state of the art facilities for their clients and stakeholders both of whom continue to benefit from major investment in work, hospitality and leisure spaces in recent times.
In the last 10 years our client has invested £200m to create some of the highest quality, most innovative spaces of their type in the UK.
- To Support the team with strategic cost management exercises
- Provide professional guidance to the team on procurement, and
- contractual and commercial matters
- Develop, procure and manage appropriate frameworks
- for contractor activity,construction related professional services,
- facilities management and energy supplies.
- Maximise the performance of external suppliers through effective
- contract management.
- To manage and provide an in-house cost management service for
- allocated construction related projects throughout the project life cycle
- Provide a professional, visible and proactive service to support department’s staff,
- developing credibility and trust with a range of stakeholders, and working in partnership to ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively to ensure an integrated approach to the planning, development, delivery and management of services, including leading and contributing to relevant inter functional area initiatives and projects in line with the department’s strategic priorities.
- Actively promote change and support new ways of working within the department including supporting work outside of your own functional area and/or team.
- Develop, deliver and plan services, policies, procedures and functions within your area of responsibility, and ensure their effective communication.
- Participate in cross department groups and projects and undertake inter functional area work to support the development of management information and corporate initiatives.
- Represent your functional area at key committees and working groups and on key projects.
- Initiate and implement enhancements to service delivery and customer experience.
- Ensure the appropriate escalation of issues and areas of concern to the relevant manager.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the ongoing development of yourself and others
Role specific responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of a cost information database that can be regularly updated with new project information and adjusted for inflation.
- Support the team with strategic cost management exercises; such as cost modelling asset information, life cycle costing, supporting master-planning cost modelling, setting project budgets for business cases and insurance reinstatement costs.
- Support the team with delivering procurement exercises including; delivery partners for construction related professional services, capital plan works, minor works, facilities management, energy (support and training provided) and allocated estates projects.
- Provide an effective tendering service for allocated Estates and Facilities Management contractor appointments, complying with all relevant public procurement legislation and company policies; this will include:
- pre market engagement activities
- development of tender documents,
- management and execution of tender invitations,
- receipt and recording of tenders,
- post tender analysis and negotiation,
- making recommendations,
- obtaining approvals and making contract awards.
- Manage the contract documentation process which includes; preparing contract documents for allocated projects, reviewing returned contracts from external suppliers to ensure all items are completed correctly and in an agreed format and arrange for these documents to be logged and recorded on the contract database and forwarded for signing in accordance with corporate governance procedures.
- Oversee the retention of contract documentation.
- Assist the team in developing and implementing a new contract management strategy to enable the Estates and Facilities Management team to <span class="goog-spellcheck-word" style="background: #bdf
- Facilities Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Cost Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job