At Bensons for Beds we put Sleep Wellness ™ at the heart of everything we do and offer our customers a great selection of quality products at great value along with a premium delivery service through our logistics team. We are the UK’s favourite bed specialist with over 50 years heritage, more than 150 stores nationwide and a dedicated UK factory in Huntingdon.Job Role
This is a key role working closely with our manufacturing team at our site in Huntingdon, where the role is based. The key purpose of the role is to ensure the accuracy of production Bill of Materials (BOMS) and Routings. Creation of relevant operational performance reporting and to work alongside finance in generating variance reporting.Key Responsibilities
- Creation of a monthly variance report from standard to actual manufactured costs to support monthly financial reporting.
- To support the costings team leader in identifying, quantifying and implementing cost saving initiatives.
- Investigate any cost changes with operational departments and subsequently calculate and report the impact to finance.
- Support tracking and assessing impact of subsequent changes to BOMs after initial setup or budget assumptions.
- To perform BOM audits as well as labour process audits including the routine timing of production processes.
- To generate daily KPI reports which are used to measure operational performance including labour efficiency & waste reporting.
- To understand, document and take ownership of costing processes, Bill of Materials (BOMs), labour routings whilst ensuring robust and disciplined policies and procedures are implemented and followed.
- To challenge the status quo and drive efficiency in process and reporting.
- To assist in the analysis of stock at quarter end; to derive a reasonable stock valuation as well supporting the quarterly stock take process.
- ny other tasks reasonably within the capability of the job holder.
- Part qualified accountant.
- Reporting experience in a finance setting.
- Tracking of cost change or reporting vs budget.
- Understanding of bill of materials and labour routings.
- Advanced Excel Skills
- CIMA or similar qualification
- Costing experience within manufacturing sector
- Tableau experience
- SQL query writing experience
- Alteryx experience
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'