• The maintenance of accurate costing records using procedures, systems and evaluation mechanisms to enable provision of data to facilitate sound business decisions to be made around pricing and profitability of production.
• To ensure the accurate maintenance of the Company’s inventory records.
• To assist the Financial Controller with the preparation of monthly and annual financial accounts through the provision of timely and accurate information relating to cost of sales.
• To review monthly accounting data relevant to costing against budget and prior year data, identifying and investigating material deviations and highlighting areas of concern for appropriate further investigation and action.
• The preparation and timely submission of all claims from Dow in respect of margin support, price support, purchase price differential and any other arrangements that may come into force.
• To expand the understanding of the Company’s manufacturing activities and gather production data on an ongoing basis sufficient to enable an evaluation of the true costs associated with the production of different sized batches of product and different products within the same product groups.
• To analyse the relationship between actual costs and selling prices in order to identify and advise on whether current pricing is appropriate or should be adjusted.
• To assist the Director – Global Finance with such projects as he may reasonably request including but not limited to costing support in the Asia pacific region.
• Oversight of the costing elements of the company’s sugar spheres business in France including developing and maintaining an accurate costing methodology for spheres production.
• To review and confirm details of foreign exchange transactions entered into by Financial Controller.
• To undertake other reasonable tasks as may be required by the Finance Director.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Advance level in excel
• Previous experience as a Cost Accountant
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to travel from time to time
If you have the above experience please apply now.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job