An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a fantastic business based in North Kent as a Cost Accountant.
The company operate globally and looking for a costings specialist to join the team.
Reporting directly to the Finance Director you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Maintain accurate costing records using procedures, systems and evaluation mechanisms to enable provision of data to facilitate sound business decisions to be made around pricing and profitability of production.
- Ensure the accurate maintenance of the Company's inventory records.
- Assist the Financial Controller with the preparation of monthly and annual financial accounts through the provision of timely and accurate information relating to cost of sales.
- Review monthly accounting data relevant to costing against budget and prior year data, identifying and investigating highlighting areas of concern for further investigation and action.
- Gather production data on an ongoing basis sufficient to enable an evaluation of the true costs associated with the different sections
- Analyse the relationship between actual costs and selling prices in order to identify and advise on whether current pricing is appropriate or should be adjusted.
- Assist the Director with costings support for different regions.
- Review and confirm details of foreign exchange transactions.
- Undertake other reasonable tasks as may be required by the Finance Director.
My client is happy to consider candidates who are either qualified, QBE or part qualified as long as they have the costings experience to match.
In return the company are offering a competitive salary awarded based on experience and a great benefits package to match including 5 weeks holiday, flexi-time, parking on site, annual bonus, pension scheme and healthcare.
Please note only candidates with relevant costings experience will be considered.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job