AJ Chambers are recruiting for a Corporate Tax Assistant / Semi-Senior to join a Top 100 firms central London office.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who is fairly new to Corporate Tax, but would like to seek a new challenge. Perhaps you might want to upsize from your current position? Or maybe you were sold a dream in your first role? It could even be that the progression or study support that you need isn’t available.
Whatever your reason for looking at this early stage in your career, my client can certainly offer you a role that will give you great experience with a variety of clients, full study support and genuine opportunity to move up in your career.
Corporate Tax Assistant / Semi-Senior responsibilities:
- Preparation of corporation tax computations, tax returns and deferred tax computations
- Dealing with HMRC correspondence including preparing letters for review by senior team members.
- Develop knowledge of taxation matters; develop an ability to carry out research and problem solve by using HMRC manuals, tax legislation and online Tools etc. in addition to seeking advice from more senior members of the department
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues within the tax department and in other departments within the firm
- Assisting/dealing in other aspects of routine compliance work, including initiation of payment advice letters
- Communicating with the audit department to obtain relevant information for the preparation of the corporate tax compliance or to resolve queries
- Monitor the department’s portfolio to ensure deadlines are met, including liaising with senior management to regularly communicate progress of work
- Reviewing draft financial statements and considering any tax matters arising from the financial statements
- Ensure the department’s work trackers are monitored and kept up to date.
Corporate Tax Assistant / Semi-Senior requirements:
- 1+ years’ experience in a corporate tax role, including the preparation of corporate tax computations
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Able to organise and prioritise and monitor workload effectively
- Able to maintain quality and focus whilst under pressure
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills.
Interested in applying or finding out more? Get in touch with Tom Sharland-Harris at AJ Chambers
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'