To provide corporate tax compliance services as part of a specialist team to a portfolio of clients that are, on the whole, OMB clients to large international groups efficiently and within budget.
To help us improve margins by adopting best practice processes, planning, use of technology and continuously looking for process improvement - the Specialist Corporate Tax team applies best practice processes and technology in order to provide bespoke, flexible and efficient corporation tax compliance and reporting services to clients and is challenged to ensure work is completed profitably, whilst ensuring each team member is spending an appropriate amount of time, according to their role, on chargeable work.
To help the team grow gross revenues and increase market share by differentiating our services, and by making the most of the external and internal market opportunities.
To identify Advisory services which can be provided to clients.
To assist in the people management and development of the junior members of the team.
Assist management with the preparation of corporation tax computations and tax consolidations for a growing portfolio of large international groups as a result of the following market forces;
• EU Audit Reform - independence and rotation
• Increased Media and Boardroom focus on tax compliance
• Technology enhancements – opportunity to differentiate
• HMRC: Making Tax Digital
Job role will include:
• Liaising with the client and the audit team to organise year end site visits, reporting deadlines and being efficient in the provision of information;
• Preparing and submitting accurate and technically correct corporation tax computations and returns;
• Reviewing tax computations prepared by junior members of the team;
• Reviewing current and deferred tax calculations (including listed companies, under IFRS, and under FRS102) using Alphatax and producing accounts disclosure;
• Ensuring WIP analysis and billing are kept up to date;
• Ensuring compliance status tracker is kept up to date;
• Assisting with client setup - money laundering checks, professional clearance, engagement
• Sending out computations and returns for signature, and ensuring they are submitted on time;
• Sending payment reminders 6 weeks prior to when any liabilities are due;
• Ensuring client queries are responded to efficiently;
• Ensure files are of an appropriate standard for QCR purposes;
• Liaising with HMRC regarding various issues relating to corporate tax compliance;
• Maintaining up to date technical knowledge.
Manage a small team of people. This will include:
• Being responsible for appraisals,
• Being responsible for the personal development,
• Providing constructive feedback on an ongoing basis.
• Assist managers and partners of Tax Advisory with identifying specific advisory issues to consider international taxes assignments and transfer pricing projects.
• ACA and/or CTA or studying towards (or equivalent)
• Experience of corporate tax compliance services;
• Demonstrate technical tax knowledge and experience;
• Great team player - extensive experience of working as part of a team;
• Willingness to develop leadership skills;
• Interested in technology including robotics, analytics, data mining, data management;
• Able to build good client relationships;
• Able to build good relationships with members of the team;
• Broad experience of managing the financials on clients, and adjusting the approach to compliance work depending on the budget;
• Significant experience of developing project plans and ensuring deadlines are met;
• Some experience of identifying opportunities for business development on tax clients and across other service lines;
• Broad experience of coaching and mentoring junior members of the team;
• Ideally proficient in Alphatax;
Please CLICK HERE to download our benefits booklet
Please CLICK HERE to download the job description.
Mazars is all about people – we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
We are an international, integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, accountancy, tax, legal, and advisory services. The Group has a presence in 77 countries and draws on the expertise of 17,000 professionals.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement – not pressure and competition.
Mazars LLP is an equal opportunities employer and all applications received by the firm will be considered by the firm on the basis of their merit alone and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of background. All offers of employment will be conditional on the candidate having/securing the right to work in the UK and providing the firm with evidence of that right (as required by the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006) prior to employment commencing.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job