Corporate Tax Assistant Manager
We are searching for an experienced Corporate Tax Assistant Manager
Overall job purpose
a portfolio of corporate clients, of varying sizes, ensuring both excellent
client service and identifying opportunities for further work opportunities. To
provide management of each assignment in an efficient and effective manner. To work alongside tax directors and associate directors on more complex
assignments including a variety of advisory projects and technical assignments.
- To be responsible for the business and corporation tax compliance service for business and corporate clients.
- To act as day-to-day point of contact for the client, and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure that the assignment is undertaken in accordance with the pre-assignment instructions, and to carry out complex aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- To review work completed by junior staff for adequacy and completeness, and to undertake ‘on the job’ training and
- To identify
opportunities for further advisory work on clients and raise as
appropriate with clients or tax director/ associate director.
- To ensure tax quality at all times by adhering to the firm’s quality standards.
- To manage all assignments in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements. Ensuring the work meets targeted recovery, and to bill clients on a timely basis.
Advising on payment of tax liabilities as they become due.
- Preparation and submission of corporation tax returns and supporting computations.
- Dealing with enquiries raised by the HM Revenue & Customs.
- Be available to assist with planning and advisory work and to work closely with other departments.
- To maintain an awareness of the firm’s specialist services and publications. Ensure added value to clients.
- To provide adequate briefing, supervision and training for junior staff.
- To assist in student recruitment, training and marketing activities as required.
- To develop and maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the professional bodies’ CPE requirements.
- To record time spent on each client’s affairs using relevant computer software.
- If studying, achieve passes in all exams within the time parameters given.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the Firm, and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager, Head of Department or any partner.
- ACA, ACCA or ATT qualified
- Work experience within an Accountancy Practice, with exposure to Corporate Tax
- Experience of a client or customer facing environment would be advantageous.
- Proven experience in client handling and managing a busy portfolio.
- CTA preferred
- Current role to be 50%+ Tax based.
- Experience in
working on tax advisory assignments in addition to compliance matters
- Experience of using specialist tax software system
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.
BIRMINGHAM - ST PHILIPS POINT
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'