Add an annual turnover of $22.3 billion to a rental and leasing fleet of over 1.9 million vehicles spread across 9,900 locations worldwide and you get Enterprise Rent-A-Car – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
Enterprise Holdings’ European Headquarters near London, England has an immediate opening for a Corporate Legal Counsel supporting our Germany operations.
You will need to be fluent in German and English and be able to practice law in Germany.
This role is to support our European operations as well as designated functional areas, with a principal focus on its business needs in Germany.
You will report to the Vice President & Head of Legal within Europe and become a member of the Corporate Legal Department headquartered in Saint Louis, Missouri, USA.
A major responsibility of the position is to ensure the competent and timely provision of legal services across a broad range of activities, including commercial transactions, marketing, general corporate, consumer disclosures, privacy, dispute resolution, and preventative law initiatives.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global organisation working on varied projects.
- Manage and assist clients with resolving all legal issues pertaining to various corporate, transactional, regulatory, and litigation matters in a manner consistent with the company’s business philosophy and strategy, and in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements;
- Review, draft, and negotiate contracts to which the company is a party and ensure that they properly protect Enterprise’s interests and objectives;
- Review sponsorships, contests, and promotional programs;
- Provide management and operating personnel timely and accurate interpretations of the various laws and regulations affecting Enterprise’s businesses in Europe and keep them apprised of the types of action that require legal consideration;
- Monitor and keep management and operating personnel abreast of the existence and impact of judicial and regulatory developments affecting potential legal exposures and compliance obligations;
- Provide ongoing strategic planning, guidance and consultation regarding risks and potential and actual disputes;
- Provide compliance training;
- Effectively navigate a decentralized organization; and
- Manage outside counsel within areas of responsibility and consistent with company norms.
- Law degree and a license to practice in Germany
- Proficiency in German and English.
- Legal experience in a business law firm or in a corporate law department with a proven record of professional excellence and achievement;
- Must be able to work in the UK; and
- Willingness to travel within Europe
- Legal training and experience in both common law and civil law
Competency Based Qualifications:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Superior oral and written legal and business communication skills in English and German;
- High level of attention to detail and process, including excellent drafting skills;
- Effective team player and natural collaborator;
- High level of professionalism and integrity, uncompromising ethical standards; and
- Able to perform effectively and manage competing priorities with minimum supervision.
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process.
Hours: 45 per week
Location: gham, Surrey, TW20 9FB. Travel to our Germany operations as and when required.
How to Apply
We take great care in our recruitment process to find the ideal candidate. It’s not all about us, we want you to have the chance to find out what we’re all about.
The first step is our application form, which takes about 30 minutes to complete. As well as telling us lots about you, it helps us identify the kind of competencies that we look for.
If your application is successful one of our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to arrange a competency based telephone interview.
Finally you will be invited to attend an interview with the hiring manager and you have the chance to meet the team.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job