The role is to provide corporate finance advice and analysis on funding related matters within HS2 Ltd and to key stakeholders, leading on aspects of the advice such as inflation, foreign exchange and business case support, supporting the Head of Corporate Finance and Corporate Finance Senior Manager in other areas such as development of Financial Annex to the HS2 Development Agreement, and working closely with the Department for Transport (DfT) Funding and Sponsor teams, HM Treasury, and internal project and analysis teams.
Owner of the HS2 Funding Model, the financial model required to support and manage the HS2 Programme funding settlement and related funding envelope, contingency and target price provisions for each of the HS2 Phases
ROLE OF DIRECTORATE/DEPARTMENT
The Corporate Finance Department is part of the Finance Directorate. The team has three principal roles:
* HS2 funding envelope: negotiating, securing and managing the HS2 Programme budget envelope and accompanying terms with DfT and HMT to ensure the availability of timely, appropriate and adequate funding for the delivery of the HS2 Programme from the present day through to completion of the Phase 2b delivery in 2033.
* Funding risks: identifying, assessing, and developing policies and mechanisms for managing, associated funding risks, e.g. inflation and foreign exchange.
* Third party funding and private finance: identifying, assessing and, where appropriate, seeking approval for and delivering opportunities for reducing the call on the Exchequer through the securing of alternative funding sources and/or the use of private finance.
* Lead the development of the HS2 Ltd's positions on inflation and foreign exchange, managing the company's relationship with the its Independent Inflation Expert, developing positions for the funding arrangements, and coordinating the source and use of inflation data across the company
* Lead on the development of position papers for the HS2 funding arrangements as set out in the Financial Annex to the HS2 Development Agreement such as inflation, flexibilities and contingencies
* Provide business case support to other teams in the HS2 Ltd, including the development of the financial cases and the management of external advisors in assurance roles
* Develop and maintain the HS2 Funding Model:
oSpecify, develop, populate and assure a financial model suitable for supporting HS2 programme wide funding bids at Spending Reviews and other fiscal events
oCommission, review and input relevant data, upload Baseline, cost estimate and risk data, run scenarios, monitor spend, making sure model is and remains fit for purpose
oProvide advice on affordability of HS2 programme, as measured against funding settlements
oKey contact for expert advice on HS2 funding - answering ad-hoc requests from internal and external stakeholders
oManage alignment of Funding Model with other relevant internal models
oWork closely with the DfT and Finance Operations to clarify reporting requirements for model outputs
oSupport the funding flexibilities process as agreed at SR15 - providing analysis and evidence for use of flexibilities and wider analysis of Phase and programme impacts.
oAct as key point of contact for assurance - including affordability assurance required for Phase Baselines.
* Development of a close working relationship with the Funding and Finance, and Commercial team at DfT, to achieve a joint vision for and joint ownership of the funding process
* Provide financial modelling support for the Corporate Finance team - ranging from affordability support to commercial modelling as required
* Provide advice and input on the development of HS2 Ltd's management information systems in relation to the setting of budgets and reporting of inflation and spend
* Accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA), or proven track record of delivery and leadership within relevant finance roles
* Proven track record of experience in numerical/analytical roles
* Excellent presentation skills, able to present and explain complex arguments and positions in a clear and persuasive manner
* Excellent modelling skills:
oAbility to interpret and present complex financial information under time pressure and intense scrutiny.
oHighly developed Excel skills. To include experience of using Pivot Tables and Macros. Knowledge of Visual Basic within Excel would be an advantage but training can be given
* Good working knowledge of finance systems and analysis packages eg. Oracle, SAP, Tableau, Hyperion, PRISM would be an advantage.
* Government experience or construction/rail experience would be an advantage
* Good knowledge of government budgeting concepts/processes and business cases would be an advantage
* Wider knowledge of economics and macro-economic trends and their impact of HS2
* Understanding of HMT budgeting rules and Green Book appraisal guidance
Please send your most updated CV to Grant Wilson by clicking apply now. As this role falls within scope of IR35 the rate quoted is PAYE
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job