My client a government body based in the heart of Cheshire are recruiting for a professional and experienced Corporate Communications Group Manager to join a growing company with great work life balance and benefits. Working with the Head of Communications to lead the development of communications strategies and other communications plans which will help to achieve the companies aim to increase the public's trust and confidence into how their personal data is used and to improve the standards of information rights practices in organisations.
- Ensure that reputational risks appearing in the media and online are spotted early, and that action is taken swiftly to minimise impact.
- Provide well-judged, strategic and tactical, corporate communications advice and risk analysis.
- Ensure that the company has good working relationships with key correspondents and stakeholders' press offices.
- With support from the Head of Communications, develop and implement effective internal communications strategies to help to achieve the goals set out in the company's Strategic Plan
- Draft speeches and other presentations for senior staff
- Ensure that maximum communications benefit is derived from staff speaking and appearing at external conferences and events.
- Wherever possible, ensure that internal communications, media relations and digital communications output is co-ordinated with all other activity and development - operations, policy, stakeholder and communications.
- Manage media relations, digital communications and marketing effectively to support announcements, campaigns, policy developments, enforcement action and events - and ensure they receive appropriate treatment and coverage.
- Ensure news, feature and trade press opportunities are exploited to maximise positive coverage online, in magazines and in news supplements
- Manage the internal communications aspects of crises, strategic files and other hot issues
- Evaluate and report monthly on the company's internal communications activity.
- Develop, write and edit effective copy and ensure that members of the Communications team are able to do the same.
- Create and implement clear communications plans.
- Manage relevant budgets in internal communications, media relations, digital communications and monitoring
- Contribute to the development of the Communications strategy and business plan.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 5 years post qualifications experience in corporate communications,
- About two years' management experience in a communications environment (staff, contractors and budget)
- At least two years' experience in a senior communications role
- Strong judgement and news sense on high profile issues under pressure.
- Knowledge and experience managing a full in-house national press office, including pro- and reactive media relations, distribution methods, monitoring and dissemination methods, briefings at all levels, evaluation techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and networking skills at a senior level.
- Educated to degree level or have substantial work experience in the communications field.
Closing date: Tuesday 20th March 2018
PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant experience as outlined in the advertisement. If you have not heard from us within 48 hours, then you may presume that your application has been unsuccessful.
- strategic planning