Our client is a global manufacturing business with an excellent reputation for producing quality products. They currently have an excellent opportunity for a Controls/Project Engineer to join their team.
- Ensure production equipment is electrically safe
- Write software programs for PLC’s, Servos and H.M.I’s
- Generate drawings and technical documents for equipment
- Work with external suppliers to ensure fit for purpose equipment is delivered to the plant
- Commission equipment to agreed standards
- Work as part of the Engineering and Operations team
- Make an effective contribution to improve product quality and operational performance
- Fault find and resolve issues within the manufacturing process as part of a team
- Supervise electricians and mechanical fitters
- Manage projects to completion within a planned timeline
- Present project status daily and monthly
- Source and purchase electrical control equipment
- Make an effective contribution to improve product quality and operational performance.
- An apprentice time served or graduate electrical engineer
- Strong knowledge of PLC programming
- A proven track record in machine building and experience of electrical circuitry design is also required
- Strong communication skills with excellent.