Contract PHP Developer
New opportunity not to be missed! CDL has an exciting opportunity for a Contract PHP Developer to join the team based in Stockport. You will be on a full time, contracted basis with a competitive salary.
CDL is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
There is also a subsidised restaurant and a games room. We have built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
CDL Vehicle Information Services (CDL VIS) is the leading UK provider of Registration& DVLA vehicle lookup services, and is best known for popular consumer service, MyCarCheck.com, which provides accurate registration lookup information of vehicle history for consumers and B2B customers via web and app services. CDL VIS also carries out over two million checks per day for B2B partners, including CompareTheMarket, Go Compare, Moneysupermarket, RAC Business, Swiftcover, Swinton and Tesco Bank.
The Role as our Contract PHP Developer
Primarily you will be working on our new web solution for vehicle finance providers - currently being used by some of the largest lenders in the UK. Using your technical flare, you will drive the product forward. Working in an agile squad will give you every opportunity to work collaboratively with testers, developers and analyst. You’ll be exposed to front, and back end technologies, keeping you technically challenged and driven in your role.
We have built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with. There is also a subsidised restaurant and a games room.
Requirements and Experience needed to become our Contract PHP Developer
- Proven and demonstrable ability in a related programming job
- Proven ability in a PHP programming using OOP methodologies
- Proven ability in SQL database integration.
- Proven ability in (X) HTML and CSS.
- Experience of working with staged build environments.
- Experience in use of Symfony, Laravel or other frameworks
- Experience of using Git
- Proven ability in XML/JSON and Web Services
- Proven ability in use of Apache and Linux or Unix-based OS.
- Ability in Oracle Integration
- Experience of working with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience of Jenkins or other automated build tools.
- Deploying on Amazon Web Services
- Experience of test driven development
- Experience of Behat or other automated test frameworks.
Benefits of becoming our Contract PHP Developer
- Opportunities for career progression
- Award nominated learning programmes
- Flexible hours
- 25 days holiday to start
- Life and health assurance
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Social activities
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Community projects
If you feel you have the skills and experience required and are looking to for a new challenge then click 'apply’ today to become our Contract PHP Developer! We’d love to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job