Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 month initial - likely to extend
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK
Rate: Circa £45-£48/hour
Embedded Linux Software Engineer
Based in Buckinghamshire, our client is a Global Leader in the design and development of Semiconductor technology and products. With their expertise, they strive daily to use their knowledge and push it in to new areas, contributing their advancements to numerous industry areas.
About the Job
To aid our client in delivering a new product, we are currently seeking a talented Embedded Linux Software Engineer to help develop enabling drivers for their existing and upcoming portfolio of products.
The team are developing a variety of advanced embedded solutions for Quad-Core devices based around the ARM family of processor cores.
- Embedded C and C++
- Set up and use of Linux development environments (e.g. rootfs over NFS, download over TFTP. Setup of NFS, TFTP).
- Linux driver development, support and software reviewing (eg SDIO, PCI Express, USB, Ethernet, NAND Flash, Quad SPI display, audio, DMA, MMC, SATA and Video capture)
- Linux kernel porting, support and software reviewing
- UBoot development and support
- Linux packaging
- 3rd party middleware/driver integration (graphics driver (SGX preferable), video/audio codecs, network stacks etc..)
PLEASE NOTE - DUE TO THE URGENCY OF THE POSITION, MICROTECH AND OUR CLIENT CANNOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS REQUIRING SPONSORSHIP. APPLICANTS *MUST* HAVE EITHER A UK/EU PASSPORT, TIER-1/HSMP VISA OR PERMANENT/RESIDENCY/INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN IN THE UK.
Unless otherwise stated, please assume that this contract will be based on-site for the full duration
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job