Full time, part time and flexible working options will be considered
Suitable for an experienced Consultant or someone due to complete their CCT in the next 6 months.
Please click apply or send email to for an informal discussion about the opportunities available:
About the charity:
St Andrew’s is a not for profit Charity - we have no shareholders and any surplus we make is ploughed straight back into our services. We are part of the Specialist Provider Collaboratives in the East and West Midlands and are a member of the East Midlands Alliance. Our services in Northampton, set in 150 plus acres of woodland greenery are spread across 5 Divisions – Medium Secure, Low Secure and Specialist Rehabilitation, Learning Disability and Autism, Neuropsychiatry and CAMHS. We have a number of unique specialist national services including our Acute / PICU Services, Deaf Forensic Service, Huntington’s Service, Secure Brain Injury Service, Older Adults Secure Services, Blended Women’s Service (one of 3 National Pilots) and a specialist inpatient DBT service.
As a result we look for Consultant Psychiatrist who have an interest in any of the above areas and who have a CCT in General Adult, Forensic, Learning Disability or Old Age Psychiatry or will be gaining this in the next 6 months.
Make a difference – for yourself and your patients!
Why join St Andrew’s
- Opportunities to progress – Most of our senior medical managers started off as Consultants in the Charity
- Speciality Doctor and Physical Healthcare team support
- Infrequent non resident second on calls with 24 hour first on call cover
- We sponsored some of our doctors to undertake MBA degrees
- The chance to be part of a community of over 30 Consultants and 8 Clinical Directors on one site with a weekly multidisciplinary CPD and Grand Rounds programme that includes colleagues from the NHS
- Only 10 per cent of our Consultant Psychiatrist roles are occupied by locums. Our posts fill up fast
- Support in undertaking indemnified private practice and medicolegal work though our community partnerships
- Opportunities for joint roles with the NHS in some areas
- Teaching Opportunities for medical students from Cambridge and Buckingham as well as Trainees
- Opportunities for research with our Research and Innovation Team
- Class leading analytics and data monitoring with extensive integration with our Electronic Records
- Electronic Prescribing on all our wards.
- £1000 dedicated study allowance
- Located centrally in UK with great transport networks to London and the midlands whilst also having very good schools and great value for money properties.
Pension, 32 days of Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays and your birthday off, free parking, sickness policy on par with the NHS, secretarial support and more
If you would like to be part of working with an innovative and dynamic team; be able to develop and deliver up to date treatments; and work in a supportive environment then this is the place for you! This will be a personally and professionally rewarding role. The post-holder will be able to undertake non-clinical activities of interest e.g. research, teaching, governance and management - in an innovative way, and influence the direction of services in order for them to attain the best outcomes for our patients.
You will lead a multi-disciplinary team and oversee the management of patients with often complex needs. You will be able to promote innovation and improvement of services, with scope to develop your specialist interests and grow your remit and responsibilities. You will have an office and the support of an associate specialist as ward doctor and a full MDT including Clinical Administrators and Personal Assistants dedicated to your wards and service.
We are looking for an individual who wants a role where they have the autonomy to make decisions that will help improve patient care and outcomes and has a passion about transforming care. Someone who wants to join an organisation and be a leader of a team who also shares this passion.
International Medical Graduates
We welcome applications from job seekers who require current Skilled Worker sponsorship to work in the UK and you will be considered alongside all other applications. Please contact our recruitment team at if you would like more details on how we can support you.
For further details please contact our Internal Recruitment Consultant, James Farrelly on
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'