A prominent global law firm is looking to recruit a full-time Conflicts Assistant in its Belfast office. This firm is highly regarded for its impressive and high-profile work, across a broad range of client, whilst maintaining an inclusive and amicable atmosphere.
The firm is recruiting for a Conflicts Assistant to join their centralised business acceptance team. The responsibilities involved with this role range across a broad spectrum of risk and compliance work but includes: undertaking conflicts checks, identifying legal and commercial conflict issues and working to safeguard the firm against them, undertaking research, and participating in investigative work in accordance with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (‘SRA’) Code of Conduct.
Ideal (but not necessary) skills and qualifications include:
- Experience of working in AML, preferably within a law firm or a banking / financial services environment.
- Basic knowledge of relevant laws and regulations, for example: the Money Laundering Regulations 2017, SRA Code of Conduct, and sanctions regimes.
- Those without experience of AML but with other legal experience or an LLB or LPC will also be considered
- Professional conduct and the ability to liaise with people from across all levels of the business, including senior fee earners
- Good analytical skills and close attention to detail
- The ability to work to deadlines and manage workloads
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
If you are looking for the opportunity to either begin or develop a career in legal risk and compliance this is the chance to join a prominent law firm with a market-leading reputation. This is one of the best opportunities in the risk and compliance space in the Belfast area, so if you are interested please apply as soon as you can.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job