Community Support Worker
Stockport and Middleton
Salary £14,700 p.a + 22 days annual leave + pension + additional benefits
Our client is seeking experienced Community Support Workers to join their well-established business.
As Community Support Worker, you will be responsible in supporting and encouraging people who have a disability to participate in meaningful activities, new experiences and opportunities which will meet their individual needs in the most appropriate way, working independently or in larger groups with colleagues. We have opportunities for Support Workers in both Stockport and Middleton.
As Community Support Worker, your main roles & responsibilities include:
- Engage with clients to support them with all physical tasks necessary for their comfort and assist clients in making full use of all available resources to develop new skills
- Keeping accurate daily records as required and providing support to parents / professionals to ensure clients’ needs are met
- Developing and writing development plans for clients
- Liaise with parents and processionals as required and provide feedback on clients and their progress
- Complying with Health & Safety policies and procedures
What you need:
- NVQ qualification or equivalent care experience is advantageous - or willingness to work towards
- Ability to record accurate information and to communicate with a wide range of clients/ their families/carers
- Understand the needs of people with a disability and the issues they face in the community and support individuals with personal care and hygiene
- Be punctual and meet the standard of attendance required, flexibility will be required with working hours / location
- Implement safe guarding best practice and the importance of Health & Safety across all areas of the business
- To hold a current driving licence and have use of a car for work/business use insurance
- Competitive salary
- 22 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Health benefits following probationary period
- Employee Assistant Programme
How to apply
If you wish to be considered for this Community Support role click 'apply’. You will receive an email shortly after your application - you will need to read this to complete your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job