To include evening and weekend hours
Have you got previous project management or events experience?
Have you worked within community groups or similar?
Yes? You could be just the person we're looking for!
Extra note: You must be able to drive and have your own vehicle to fulfil this role
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- To be responsible for the implementation and co-ordination of projects
- To work closely with the Police Community Support Officer, Neighbourhood Action Groups and community based groups on events and activities linked to community safety.
- To act as a liaison point between the local business communities, supporting events and activities that local businesses co-ordinate as appropriate.
- To support meetings by attending and providing support, writing minutes, drafting reports, addressing action points
- To provide specialist knowledge on how to plan and manage events
- Recruit and train volunteers to assist with events
- To conduct Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Environmental projects
- Promoting, administering and monitoring applications
- Providing information for the website regarding events and activities.
- Working with the newsletter production team
- Developing ways in which to improve the client's communication through the newsletter.
- To open incoming post, answer telephone enquiries
Skills and Abilities:
- Flexible with their working hours as most meetings will take place on evenings and weekends.
- Previous project management experience is essential.
- Ability to work with people from all walks of life
- Previous experience of community development and community development skills.
- Basic I.T. skills and a working knowledge of Email, Internet, Word Processing and spreadsheets is essential to the role.
- Full clean driving license and own transport is essential to attend off site meetings
If you feel you have what it takes, please apply today because we'd love to hear from you!
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to get back to you within 48 hours. However, your application will be reviewed by a consultant as quickly as possible and if you are shortlisted we will aim to call you within two working days.
If you do not receive a call please do not be despondent. Typically only one candidate can be successful per role! Please apply for any future roles in the same way. Good luck!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"