Major Healthcare is a specialist recruitment consultancy, providing quality permanent, contract and temporary staffing solutions to clients from our wide network of UK offices.
We are currently looking to recruit Band 5 Community Nurses in Orpingham, South East London. As a Community Nurse you will deal with a variety of patients in their own homes. You will be a member of the Integrated Community Team and will be responsible for ensuring the effective holistic provision of nursing care to an identified population within her/his competency ensuring the patients story is always known. She/he may act up for the District Nurse/Senior Community Nurse on occasion and may regularly take charge of a nursing caseload when the relevant competencies have been achieved.
Key Responsibilities for Community Nurses are but not restricted too:
- You will provide high quality, holistic, effective community based health services that reflect the needs of the local population, complementing the work of the General Practitioners and Allied Health Professionals.
- Responsible for contributing to the holistic assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of patient care.
- Implementing, monitoring and maintaining our high standards of care.
- Re-assessing and re-evaluating programmes of care when needed.
- Completing holistic patient assessments, designing and regularly reviewing care plans, delivering effective clinical care.
- Assist with the daily coordination of the team to include daily handover, allocation of work and managing referrals and telephone messages.
- Proactively monitor and manage a daily patient caseload making autonomous decisions about patient care and seeking support from colleagues as appropriate.
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of any existing and new patient pathways.
- Be an active member of the team sharing best practice whenever possible.
- Maintain and develop own professional expertise as a clinician.
- Attend and contribute to multidisciplinary meetings, actively participating in interprofessional communication and effective discharge planning.
Successful Community Nurses must have:
- Valid NMC Pin Number
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to own vehicle
- Good clinical skills including wound care and assessment, catheters, medication administration and end of life
- Ability to undertake holistic patient assessments, implement appropriate nursing care and treatment and evaluate outcomes
- Excellent communication skills, empathy, team player
Salary for this role is up to £36,126 depending on experience. Shift patterns are 8:15am - 4:15pm or 10:45am - 6:45pm. In addition you will be required to work 1 weekend in 4.
Benefits for Community Nurses are:
- 27 days annual leave + BH
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted electronics
- Excellent lease car scheme
- Career development
- Revalidation support
For more information about Community Nurse role please call Leanne Irving on 0 1 5 1 6 6 5 0 5 9 0 or 0 7 9 4 0 7 4 7 5 00 or apply on line.
- Communication Skills
- Wound Care
- Clinical Skills
- Medication Administration
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'