Community Healthcare Assistant
Your new company
Hays healthcare is actively recruiting Healthcare Assistants needed to work in the Community of Chesterfield, on a permanent basis for the NHS. The salary is NHS Band 3 (Agenda for Change).
Your new roleand responsibilities
A community healthcare assistant is a type of healthcare support worker who works in various community settings, such as patients' homes, health centres, GP surgeries, etc. You will provide care and support to patients with different health needs, under the supervision of registered healthcare professionals. Some of your responsibilities and clinical duties will include:
- To provide care in accordance with individual service users care plans.
- To promptly report all observed changes in service user conditions, accidents, incidents and other important information to nurses in charge and take action as directed.
- To provide care and assistance in such a manner that the service users' individuality, dignity and privacy are respected where this does not compromise safety.
- To assist qualified staff in maintaining the safety and well-being of staff, service users and visitors in accordance with the Health & Safety Policy.
- To assist in the maintenance and management of the supplies and equipment and to report any problems to the appropriate team member.
- Urinary management
- Bowel management
- Continence management
- Chronic disease management
- Palliative and terminal care
- Aural care
- Baseline observations
- Implementation of rehabilitation activities/exercise programmes
- Therapeutic equipment/aid supply, instruction and supervision/evaluation of use.
What you'll need to succeed
- BTEC Health & Social Care / NVQ Level III in care or equivalent Experience of working in a health care setting (Essential)
- Flexible to meet the demands of the service
- Able to work shifts over a 24 hour period and work weekends and bank holidays.
- Able to travel across the county to attend essential training and other required training for your role
- Right to Work in the UK (No Sponsorship available)
- Drivers Licence and own Transportation
What you'll get in return
- NHS Band 3 Salary (Agenda for Change)
- NHS benefits
- NHS Pension
- Excellent training and development
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'