What you will be doing:
- Establish an internal communications strategy in conjunction with senior managers
- Ensure organisational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff intranet, monthly magazine or regular email bulletin.
- Keep clients abreast of progress and answer their questions
- Storyboard or translate ideas to the creative team of art directors and designers
- Use social media to communicate with staff internally
- Deliver presentations at organisational events
- Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organisation
- Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages
- Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communications content accordingly
- Handle the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organisational perception and reputation
- Advise senior executives of developments throughout the organisation, either face to face or through regular written communication
Writing skills: You need excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees
Speaking skills: You also need strong speaking skills.
Interpersonal skills: You need good interpersonal and relationship-building skills. You also need to possess the confidence to deal with senior executives and explain communication techniques to them.
Creative skills: You need the creative ability to devise communication strategies Digital skills: Familiarity with information technology, especially digital and video means of communication, is essential. Understanding the sector you wish to work in (private, public or voluntary) can be crucial.
A BA in journalism, communications, public relations or marketing is an advantage, though other degrees are acceptable.
Experience in a communications team, especially internal communication, for a large organisation. Experience of writing for a variety of different audiences is also desired. General journalistic or marketing experience is beneficial. Prior management of complex projects and advising senior managers is also looked upon favourably.
As the North's leading Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job