Highways England are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Over recent years, investment in our highways has increased, this has led to advances in technology, such as smart motorways; enabling traffic to flow better. However, even more is yet to be done. Considering that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It's an exciting time to begin a career with Highways England as we invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety which is why we're so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. At the same time, we'll improve how we work. That means we will be able to; plan roadworks better to minimise disruption; clear incidents more quickly; and save more than £1 billion by working more efficiently. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy.
For further information on Highways England, please visit our website: www.highwaysengland.co.uk
Highways England is recruiting for 2 Commercial Managers on a permanent basis to based from our Bedford office.
The Commercial Managers will contribute to the delivery of a consistent and high quality approach to commercial and procurement strategy, investment decisions, scheme budget management, commercial management, contract administration, commercial dispute management and commercial performance management.
Day to Day
* Participating in a team to deliver a consistent and high quality approach to commercial and procurement strategy, investment decisions, scheme budget management, commercial management, contract administration, commercial dispute management and commercial performance management.
* Analyse, and contribute to management information and reports to identify trends so that issues can be addressed proactively. Support project managers/sponsors and their teams on the application and interpretation of commercial issues.
* Lead the planning and implementing of commercial change as part of a scheme and encourage innovation, empowering and inspiring continuous improvement.
* Identifying trends and variances from data sets in order to undertake analysis to advise stakeholders on action to take to support efficient and compliant delivery
* Provide commercial support on specific projects across a range of activities, aiding decision making on commercial efficiencies, acting as a source of authoritative advice on contract administration, cost capture, analysis, performance, related intelligence and opportunities for performance improvement.
* Collect robust, consistent and objective data in cooperation with commercial intelligence.
* Actively working towards Professional qualification, RICS, ICE or equivalent
* Proven ability to contribute to and communicate scheme aims to align effort with a programmatic vision.
* Evidence of experience in optimising value for money outcomes when using public money.
* Knowledge of NEC forms of contract. Experience of tendering and procurement using NEC forms of contract.
* Capacity to absorb diverse information and use strong practical influencing skills, both internally and externally to optimise Highways England's commercial interests within a scheme.
* Accuracy and predictability in what you do.
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application. You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
For more information please review the Commercial Manager Job Profile
All applicants must provide their right to work documentation at interview stage, such as a valid passport.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible.
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/
- Civil Engineering
- Commercial Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job