Are you an experienced Commercial professional looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Commercial Manager for our team in Manchester, working 37.5 hours a week.
In return for your hard work as our Commercial Manager, we can offer a Competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands.
The ideal Commercial Manager:
- Knowledge of the waste and recycling market and waste production
- Knowledge of contract law
- Educated to degree level in a business / commercial related discipline
- Experience of Complex Project Management in a commercial environment.
- Experience of interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
Commercial Manager Responsibilities include:
- Personally lead the embedding and development of a positive safety culture at all levels
- Provide in depth and timely management commentary on key risks and issues as they emerge and maintain the appropriate risk controls and mitigating actions to resolve.
- Manage a portfolio of Special Projects, working independently to ensure the maximisation of commercial opportunities as well as the mitigation of business risk.
- Lead in the formulation and submission of any proposed project or TARF submission in relation to a Special Project.
- Provide support to respective Business Partners and key stakeholders to develop and embed tools, systems, collateral and learning and development solutions which drive improved leadership capability, project management capability and commercial awareness at all levels of the organisation.
- Manage virtual teams formed to run and support Special Projects, outside of normal business.
- Report, share and promote, lessons learned from Special projects, detailing route cause analysis and where appropriate working with the relevant leader to embed necessary changes
- Working with the Head of Commercial Projects & Strategy, and other senior commercial role holders within Viridor
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, APPLY now for the role of Commercial Manager
Closing Date: 12th March 2018