Our client is a family operated company, established in 1833 they were originally a wooden plane manufacturer and dealer of tools. They are now a leading industrial supplies specialist that can offer a diverse product range including; workwear, PPE, health and safety, janitorial products and hand tools which are available nationwide.
They predominantly supply mobile workforces with a client base including the MoD, National Grid, British Gas, BT and other leading utility companies. They are also part of some key buying frameworks including the PFH.
Working for the Commercial Director to design a customer journey and process which maximises the full potential of the CRM whilst streamlining the customer experience.
It is crucial that the newly appointed Commercial Manager has the skills and experience to manage a commercial team and support the Commercial Director in changing the culture from currently being reactive to one that is proactively seeking new sales acquisitions within the chosen markets.
- Become a key member of the team alongside the other department heads and take full responsibility for the commercial department including the internal customer services team and Bid and Tenders. The role will also play a key role in supporting the external sales team win business by supporting them with Quotations, Bid Documents and negating a commercial deal.
- Proactively manage existing accounts and identify and opportunities for further growth which will include full data analysis of trends within the accounts which may support commercial decisions and contract re negotiations.
- Quickly assessing the skills matrix of the incumbent team to identify strengths and weaknesses by effective man management.
- Challenge the current process and systems within the commercial department to develop a more streamlined process which enhances the customer experience. Gain feedback from the current customers to drive improvements.
- Embed a new pricing strategy and manage the team to work to a new structure which will improve the profitability of the business.
- Create a culture of development by introducing objectives, metrics and KPI’s which allow the productivity of the organisation to improve.
- Design a new bids and tender process which increases the conversion ratios, meets deadlines and improves the quality of submissions.
- Proactively manage existing contract documentation to ensure timely renewals, allowing account plans to be monitored closely and protect active clients.
- Constantly strive for continuous improvement and development of process.
The successful candidate will evidence:-
- The intellect and commercial acumen to fully contribute and provide valuable support to the Commercial Director.
- A proven track record in implementing new strategies, manage a team effectively and drive the improvements needed.
- Experience of managing a complex pricing model.
- Management of the bid, contract and tender process to a high quality to maximise business opportunities and new client wins.
- An ability to creatively display data to ensure that it is both delivered and received in the most effective and impactful way.
- An ability to analyse data, using it to identify opportunities that have a positive impact on company growth as well as identifying any anomalies.
- Be agile and resilient balancing day to day business requirements with the influx of new business.
- Strong people management and development skills to ensure that the Commercial Team are working efficiently.
This is a great opportunity to improve and influence an existing commercial function. Our client is looking for ambitious and hungry Commercial Manager who aspires to become a future Director.
- Key Account Management
- People Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job