Commercial Manager - FM
The role is responsible for commercial and financial management within the P&FM department. This includes delivering financial and management efficiencies through: accurate reporting, analysis of key data and driving value for money across our Facilities Management (FM) contract.
The Commercial Manager will play a key role in negotiating commercial aspects of the FM contract and preparing responses to any contractor claims or queries and assessing contract variations.
The client is a well established public sector body
The key responsibilities for this role will include:
* Advise the Head of Property and FM and Contract Management team on the financial and procedural obligations of the NEC3 contract framework to ensure adherence to contractual obligations.
* Manage the contract procedures to ensure that the price schedules and contract terms are correctly applied and administered. Develop monitoring and auditing of key commercial aspects of the FM contract.
* Prepare and oversee management of the FM budget, including rent, rates, utilities, and year on year operational expenditure and income recovery.
* As a delegated 'Service Manager' assess contract variations and notify and value contract defects.
* Manage contract and commercial risks through the NEC3 'Early Warning' register. Support the Service Manager in reviewing and closing contract risks. Be the Client lead in risk reduction meetings with the Contractor.
* Support the Service Manager in the assessment of the monthly performance of the FM contractor, applying KPI deductions and other penalties for non-performance in line with Contract. Assess the monthly payment application.
* Ensure the FM contract delivers value for money through the reviewing and scrutinising of additional works quotes. Assess the competitiveness of the contractors supply chain regular financial bench marking to challenge the Contractor to deliver best value.
* Manage the and monitor the costs for Rent and Utilities.
* Manage the additional (non-contracted) works order process for the FM contract between the internal customer and supplier. Ensure works orders accurately reflect the needs of the internal customer through clarifying their scope and agreeing any recharges.
* Provide commercial support and guidance to the P&FM team, including the interpretation of the contracted requirement, promoting knowledge sharing and supporting colleagues to resolve all commercial issues with suppliers.
* Represent the Client interest as the Commercial lead in all internal meetings and with the Contractor and other suppliers.
* Be the superuser for the Contract management system (CEMAR)
* Represent the Client interests as the Commercial lead for all Departmental tendering activities.
The successful candidate will have experience in being responsible for FM contracts that are £10million annual value.
Experienced with NEC3/CEMAR and also have a FM/Contracts Management background
Competitive salary + Benefits
Apply in to hear more about the job!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job