Michael Page are working in partnership and exclusively with a fast paced, growing business based in North Somerset. They are currently looking for a Commercial Finance Manager to partner with the operations and commercial teams to improve performance.
Michael Page are working in partnership with a key player and leader in their field. Due to a sustained period of growth they are looking to add a Commercial Finance Manager to partner with the operations and commercial teams. The role would suit a professional who is adaptable and familiar with a fast paced environment.
Working in the Finance team gives you the chance to build relationships with all areas of the company and the opportunity to foster a thorough understanding of an ever evolving landscape. The Finance team itself are a vibrant, hardworking and friendly group, that are valued by an ambitious and inspiring executive leadership team, as the horizons expand via acquisitive and organic growth.
The Commercial Finance Manager is a commercial business partner to the operational functions in the business as well as a key link between the finance department and the business.
They will have a detailed understanding of the areas of the business, supporting, planning and forecasting in these areas and creating insight to better understand the risks and opportunities in the business areas.
Key role responsibilities:
- Engage with the Business Owners and operational teams, to drive robust financial decision making supporting the long-term strategy of the business.
- Support the Business Owners in operational activities requiring finance input - i.e. Contract developments, Pricing, Discounting, Remuneration schemes.
- Provide insightful analysis and KPIS plus guide reporting requirements to drive operational performance.
- Support the month end process, reviewing outputs and delivering commentaries, which provide insight into business performance.
- Manage the mid-term planning process for the business owner and drive the development of local operational plans to support the financial expectations. Ensure that the business is accountable for the plans.
- Work collaboratively with FP&A to capture the mid-term plans in the central repository and provide commentary on performance, risks and opportunities.
- Maintain rolling forecasts supported by immediate threats and opportunities. Use these to support the month end close.
- Work with the Business owners on long term threats and opportunities, providing insight to influence decision making.
Essential skills and experience:
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA).
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills across Finance, business owners and operational teams, including the ability to quickly absorb and apply new information.
- Proactive approach to work, with an enquiring mind with strong analysis, numeracy skills and the willingness to take ownership of complex/difficult tasks.
- Effective prioritisation of workloads and initiatives, which deliver results in a timely and relevant manner. Manage conflict effectively if required.
- Proven ability to present complex financial information, to various stakeholders in the organisation in a clear and easy to understand format. Confidence to challenge across organisation at all levels.
- Good knowledge of financial systems, financial reporting, internal controls and strong MS Office skills including Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- At all times and through consultation with senior colleagues, demonstrate excellent commercial awareness, teamwork and flexibility.
- Data driven, qualified accountant.
Special Requirements for the role:
- Flexible working during the month end and planning process to achieve key deadlines.
- Travel to the London office.