As a Commercial Finance Graduate you will support the Finance team through the provision of relevant, timely and accurate information and consistently challenging the business on costs and process efficiency, thereby driving profitability throughout the business.
- Maintenance and production of daily/weekly/monthly KPI & Sales Reports issued to the business including commentary as appropriate
- Month end routines including commentary, analysis, accruals, prepayments & reconciliation
- Point of contact for budget holders
- Production of performance reviews including analysis and commentary
- Proactively challenge business, identifying potential risks and opportunities to budget
- Ad hoc project work and analysis as required
- Minimum of 2:1 degree classification, academically strong and highly numerate.
- Committed to gaining CIMA qualification
- Good Excel skills
- Confident and Proactive
- Highly numerate, attentive to detail, investigative
- Self motivated to meet challenging deadlines
- Able to communicate with varying levels of Management
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job