Travel across UK sites
Full Time, Permanent – 40 hours per week
£40,000 - £50,000 pa + Car + Corporate Company Benefits
Here at Serco we’re looking for a Commercial Estimator to join us at HMP Thameside, a Category B establishment for adult males, with safety and security at the heart of it.
Reporting to the Head of Projects you will work closely with the Justice & Immigration (J&I) Facilities Management (FM) Bid Support team and FM transition team. You will manage all aspects of Hard FM pricing / cost modelling for each bid/rebid opportunity, labour loading of asset data into the cost model to develop Hard FM costing models.
It is imperative that you have worked in an FM environment and have the experience and skills to analyse complex data and documentation. You will be used to working collaboratively with others - articulating ideas and viewpoints to Senior Management. Your experience will include presenting proposals in a professional manner and with a full understanding of the delivery solution; including validation of innovation or costs savings.
You will be accountable for the following:
- Preparing data and costings for tender submissions in consultation with the Bid Manager, commercial and finance leads and strategic growth personnel
- Undertaking cost analysis for FM activities including asset management and life cycle works
- Assisting in the preparation of spend forecasting and life cycle models based on project details, Bills of Quantities and actual condition findings
- Delivering a fully costed roadmap of the service line to operations through the mobilisation process to ensure clarity of the proposed delivery model
- Maintaining robust and consistent change control processes to identify changes/variations as relevant for each scheme
What you’ll need to do the role
First and foremost, you must hold in-depth knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulation and have proven working experience in bid estimating and project management delivering technical projects.
You must hold professional qualifications and appropriate professional body membership as well as strong analytical skills including Excel as well as strong financial and commercial acumen with an ability to analyse complex data and documentation with accuracy.
Finally, flexibility is a must as you will be required to travel across our UK sites as necessary to compile accurate information for tender proposals.
Meaningful and vital work - The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters – delivering essential services that touch people’s lives<span style="fon
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'