Nigel Wright is delighted to be working with a well established manufacturing business based in the Newcastle area in their search for a commercial and contracts officer.
The role will assist and support the Commercial team and the wider business with tender opportunities, sale and purchase contract reviews, confidentiality agreements and other ad-hoc contracts as well as general commercial administration. Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Assist in the review of the contractual/commercial aspects of tenders and proposals
- Draft and review contracts, sub-contracts, contract variations, letters of intent, confidentiality agreements and other legal agreements, identifying areas of risk
- Support the Senior Commercial Officer/Group Commercial Manager in their negotiation of more complex contracts with customers and suppliers
- Support the handover of contracts from the Sales team to the Projects team
- Provide day to day commercial support across the business
- Administration of contract files
Candidates will ideally be Degree educated, (a law degree would be highly desirable) and have:
- Broad contract law knowledge, with the ability to understand and apply commercial principles and to advise on contractual obligations, implications and risk
- Experience of drafting and negotiating contractual terms and conditions
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to develop business relationships
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'