Collections Agent - call centre
Based in Loughton, Essex
Salary of £18,000 + commission of up to £1,500 per month
Shifts on a rota basis 8:30am - 4:30pm and 10am - 6:30pm also required to work two Saturdays a month but have a day off in the week if you work a weekend shift
Permanent roles - IMMEDIATE start
My client is a leading finance provider who are experiencing high levels of growth at the moment so this has led to an increased workload and the requirement for several Collections Agents to join their team.
The main purpose is to contact and work with customers who are overdue on paying their instalment, account balance or agreed repayment plan; supporting each customer in getting their account up to date specific to each individual’s circumstance.
- Contact customers who have failed to meet their agreed payment date, showing forbearance and support in helping them get their account up to date
- Ensure that all customer accounts are worked through thoroughly, making sure that all underwriting and previous dialogue is checked for new contact information and account instructions.
- Setting and keeping up to date with customer call back requests resulting from inbound or outbound calls, following through on the agreed actions on each account on time
- Answer all inbound customer calls inclusive of supporting the customer service department and respond promptly to customer email and SMS communication where applicable
- Keep each account up to date with all communication notes being completed in full detail on the 'dialogue’
- Work towards achieving daily and monthly targets. This includes aiming to contact circa 60 customers per day in your first 2 months and between 70-100 customers after this time and work towards achieving the expected amount of positive outcomes per month as set by the department manager.
- Good communication and listening skills
- A compassionate and empathetic approach
- GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths
- A knowledge of computers and office software
- A personable approach
- Accuracy and good attention to detail
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- Previous experience in a Collections or Call Centre based role
- Target driven and ability to work under pressure.
If you are interested in this role and hold the relevant skills please send your CV today.
- Call Centre
- Customer Service
- Debt Management