My Oxford based client is seeking a technically competent Cloud Solution Engineer who has extensive experience with Microsoft server and desktop technologies. It is also highly desirable that the successful candidate will have solid experience of Microsoft Azure.
Working as part of the Cloud Architecture Team, you will be ambitious with a real desire to understand a wide range of cloud technologies and systems. You will work closely with the Cloud Solutions Project Team and Sales Team to define, plan, build and deliver highly complex Microsoft-based cloud solutions, including the migration of customer users. These solutions will be complex and sometimes hybrid cloud solutions incorporating Office 365, Azure IaaS and PaaS.
You will also engage with the Cloud Operations team as a 4th line escalation point for support issues.
Essential Technical Skills:
You will have demonstrable technical ability in at least four of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Office 365 Deployments;
- Microsoft Windows Service (2012R2 and/or 2016) and infrastructures;
- Application Virtualisation (Citrix, Hyper-V, App-V etc); Microsoft Exchange 2013/2016;
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2016;
- Active Directory (including Direct Access, AD Connect and Federation).
Desirable Technical Skills:
- Microsoft Azure Resource Manager (ARM) Deployments;
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Platform Services;
- Accomplished PowerShell scripting competence; Cisco Meraki and/or Microsoft Virtual Networking.
This role will suit:
- A dynamic individual who is interested in working in a small but rapidly growing team, in a relaxed but focused work environment;
- A good communicator, who takes pride in the quality of their work and strives to deliver the best service possible to customers;
- A team worker with strong attention to detail and a desire to learn continuously.
- A graduate with at least 4 years of professional work experience, or at least 8 years professional experience without a degree, with equivalent professional qualifications;
- An understanding of enterprise architectures and processes;
- Relevant professional qualifications, particularly Microsoft competencies;
- A methodical, rational problem-solver with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment.
This role will be mostly based in Oxford however there is potential for some home working arrangements after a six month probation period. There may be a requirement to attend customer sites from time to time as part of on-boarding new customers.
Salary competitive with excellent benefits including Pension, Private Health Care, Critical Illness cover, Life insurance, Bonus Scheme.
- Technically Competent