Kick start your career with us!
We are a UK owned, award-winning Company with over 35 years’ experience. We are financially strong and provide trusted software products and services to companies of all sizes throughout the UK and Europe. We strongly believe in looking after our employees; there’s a feeling of belonging here - probably because we go out of our way to listen to and involve all of our people. And because we want to be the best, we want you to be your best! We acknowledge enterprise and hard work and in return we offer a range of staff incentives and the opportunity to progress and grow within our highly successful business. There’s no better time to jump on board.
A huge area of growth for us is our cloud services department. We provide extensive support to our customers around cloud technologies, migrations and infrastructure. We are looking for a customer facing Cloud Infrastructure Solutions Engineer who will be responsible for owning pre-sales and technical delivery on projects as well as designing and delivering suitable solutions in line with customer business needs and expectations.
- Providing remote technical support to customers and internal staff
- Providing support on all issues passed to you in a 2nd line capacity
- Assisting 1st Line technicians in fault troubleshooting and acting as an escalation point
- Providing great customer service
- Take responsibility for your own workload, and respond to customers within agreed SLAs and Company OLA’s
- Establishing whether a call is beyond the skillset of your team and requires escalating
You must be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills, excellent telephone manner and have a solid understanding of Microsoft server and networking, as well as an interest in learning about innovative technologies. You will form part of a service delivery team that acts as troubleshooting and resolving technical issues for customers. Additionally, provide technical consultancy and guidance to our customers on Microsoft and complimentary solutions. Ideally, you will be able to prioritise workload and manage customer expectations. Familiarity of working within SLA environments is preferable.
This role would suit someone with an existing technical background who would like to progress their skills and experience in the area of cloud technologies. We believe in investing in our staff, and so will have a comprehensive development programme to support you in your role.
Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Microsoft Exchange migration and deployment experience
- Experience in the specification, design and deployment of a range of core products
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) / Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification (desirable)
- Administration and support of Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services (desirable)
Skills & Technical Competencies
- Competent in server administration, installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows Server and accompanying roles such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Exchange, Group Policy, SQL, RRAS
- Administration and support of Microsoft Office 365 services, specifically Exchange Online
- Competent networking administration and troubleshooting skills
- Good knowledge of Backup solutions, strategies and restoring data
- Comfortable with installation of updates and service packs on customer environments whilst assessing business impact and risks associated with carrying out such work
- Microsoft SharePoint administration and support
- Microsoft Office 365 migration and deployment experience
- Some knowledge of HyperV administration and support
- Familiarity with cloud services such as Microsoft EMS or CRM
- Familiarity with SSL Certificates
- Citrix XenApp & XenDesktop
The Benefits. Why you will love working for us!
- Salary negotiable
- 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday (some travel may be required)
- Employee development programme and education reimbursements
- Generous Pension (3%)
- Employee Healthy Living programme (use of a personal trainer, yoga mornings, table tennis in the summer months)
- A fantastic social culture with regular company social events taking place throughout the year
- Free drinks and the occasional free lunch!
- State-of-the-art offices/facilities including lounge/eating area
- Free parking
- 28 days holiday inclusive rising to 33 days
- Full sales and systems training provided as well as continued support
- Childcare vouchers
Ready to climb aboard?
To apply for this position please contact our Recruitment Partner;
Emmerson-Ross Recruitment, Torquay
Contact: Graeme Ross
- Cloud Computing
- Network Infrastructure
- Server Administration
- Microsoft Certified Professional
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job