Benefex believe that no-one comes to work to do a bad job. It can happen through a collection of missed opportunities, not making the most of those daily interactions and experiences. We see the solution as an assortment of loops; each one refined to create seamless but tangible interactions between employers and employees, making work a rewarding place for every single one of us.
Benefex is a fast-moving technology company, and one of the most successful providers of online reward and benefits solutions in the UK. To help us on our quest to be the best, we need brilliant people on board and that’s where you come in.
Our Product Engineering team is reshaping; Product, Infrastructure and Engineering are combining to build the next generation of our award-winning OneHub Platform. One that will enable the creation of not just a single product, but a diverse range of products filling each part of every experience loop; anywhere in the world.
As a Cloud Engineer in the Recognition squad, you will be a part of ensuring the delivery and operation of an exciting new, social peer-to-peer recognition product. You will be directly contributing towards our ability to provide a robust, global, multi-tenanted OneHub Platform supporting a continuously evolving set of capabilities with zero downtime.
- be committed and participate in improving both your own and the squad's capability;
- have a sense for creating high-quality, reliable and maintainable code;
- thrive working as part of a close-knit team, making decisions together to deliver the most valuable experience to our client's employees possible;
- be brave and honest in the appraisal of your own and other's work; remaining open-minded and reflective about improving both yourself and the delivered product;
- know when to work autonomously and when to collaborate to achieve the best result;
Have experience of:
- Web Operations - logging, monitoring
- Web Infrastructure - servers, load balancers, firewalls
- At least one scripting language - Python / Bash / Powershell
- Automation using Ansible / Terraform / Chef / Puppet
- Continuous Integration/Delivery using Jenkins Pipelines / an alternative
- Deploying applications on the JVM
- Git / Source control
Extra points for:
- Infrastructure as code
- ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana
- Google Cloud Platform / Firebase
- Event-driven / Messaging architecture
Rewards for you:
- Benefits including 25 days holiday (plus your birthday off!)
- Healthcare, income protection, life assurance and access to our own award-winning online benefits scheme
- Great team and innovative office environment
- A competitive salary
We know that everyone has commitments outside of work, and we don’t want anyone to feel they’re not able to apply to come and work for us based on the hours they are able to work. We have people working all kinds of working patterns here at Benefex to fit around childcare, public transport, and even their Wednesday evening football match! If you’re not looking for full time working hours, then come and chat to us and we’ll do our best to agree a working pattern with you that works for both you and the business. We recognise that great work is all about what you deliver for the organisation… not the hours you’re in the office.
Interested? Please let us have your details. Start as you mean to go on, though: don’t just bore us with a bog standard CV and dreary cover letter which you’ve used 100 times before for every other vacancy out there. We like people who are creative and challenge the norm, so reflect that in how you apply to come and work for us. A CV is useful, there’s no denying that, but make your application stand out from the crowd and do something different. We like different.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job