This job has ended. Find similar jobs.
Our client places clients at the heart of the services they offer and design packages of care around them. This means they are able to support people on a ‘live in’ or ‘live out’ basis.
Unlike many domiciliary care agencies, they employ a Nursing Team and Therapists who supervise the service we provide to our clients. Each member of our Nursing Team has specialist skills and knowledge relevant to the client group we support.
Their service operates nationwide. They recruit Live In and Live Out care workers UK wide; award winning induction training is offered as standard for all their new recruits.
• Train and assess Personal Care Assistants, Bank Nurses and other relevant staff in clinical skills such as Suction, Tracheostomy care, Ventilation, Enteral Feed, Catheterisation etc.
• Work with the training team and local clinical teams to ensure all Personal Care Assistants, Bank Nurses and other relevant staff possess the knowledge and skills to carry out extended roles in a simulated training environment (this will compliment client based competencies outside the classroom)
• Train and assess Personal Care Assistants, Bank Nurses and other relevant staff in mandatory skills such as Safer People Handling, Medication administration, 1st aid and deliver mandatory training content such as Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Continence Care
• Deliver additional group or one to one sessions as required
• Work with the Training Team to support the training, development and supervision of Personal Care Assistants, Bank Nurses and other relevant staff, including Neurogenic Bowel Management & Competency Training
• Update specialist knowledge & skills in line with current best practice regarding Neurological conditions etc.
• Contribute to the review of training and development resources and content
• Maintain own knowledge and competence by undertaking appropriate continuing professional development and clinical/ non-clinical supervision as needed
• Inform the Training Manager/Care Service Manager/ Regional Clinical Manager of any issues that are likely to adversely impact quality of client care and/or health and safety of employees
• Registered General Nurse, Registered Sick Children’s Nurse, Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse, with knowledge and understanding of clinical skills such as Tracheostomy, Enteral Feed, and Catheterisation etc.
• Previous experience working with people with Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired Brain Injury or long term Neurological conditions, ideally in a community setting
• Confidence when working within a team as well as self-motivated to work independently
• Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Adaptable and flexible approach to tasks
• Computer literate with good Microsoft Word knowledge
• Independent, self-motivated and able to work with minimal direct supervision
• Car owner with full UK driving license
• Training qualification i.e. Teaching & Assessing award, Mentorship award, Safer People Handling Trainer and/or Assessor
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job