EslingKenny are currently assisting a firm of international property consultants in their search for a Client Accountant to join the Property Management Team. The role has arisen due to increased client work.
Reporting to the Head of Client Accounting, the role will be based in the busy offices near to Maidstone, Kent. You will be occasionally required to work alongside the Asset Management team based in the West End office.
You will be required to undertake a wide range of property management accounting functions including:
- Dealing with client accounting including timely transfer of client’s funds
- Preparing period end client reporting packs
- VAT reporting, bank reconciliation, and rent deposit administration.
- Preparation of year end service charge accounts
- Operations of purchase ledger
- Significant relevant hands-on property management accounting experience for investor clients
- Experience with managing a team or junior team members
- Experience of using computer-based property management accounting systems, eg Yardi Voyager (preferred)
- Part-qualification or qualified, eg ACCA /CIMA or AAT qualification
- Highly Numerate
- Excellent Excel skills
- Happy to work from our London office as and when required by the team
- Strong interpersonal ability coupled with rapport building, effective listening, questioning and summarising skills
- Ability to demonstrate excellent client care
- Commercial awareness and acumen
- Planning and prioritising skills
- A high degree of flexibility and the ability to adapt to unexpected changes initiated by either the client or the department
- Strong drive for results in order to maintain momentum and complete the task
- The ability to use knowledge and information to spot and develop opportunities on the client’s behalf
SALARY & BENEFITS
- £40,000 - £50,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- Performance related staff profit share scheme
- 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
- Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
- Life/Accident insurance
- Private Medical Cover
- Fitness Allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
- Employee assistance programme
- Edenred childcare vouchers
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay after two years’ service
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Please note due to the high volume of applications we sometimes receive it is not always possible to contact every applicant. If you do not hear from us within 14 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion but please continue to apply to more jobs represented by EslingKenny.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career - see our website for contact details.
EslingKenny Ltd is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy.